1999-2003: University of Bucharest, Faculty of Chemistry, Radiochemistry Department, Theme: "The phenolic antioxidants used for protection of polyolefines against termooxidation".
2003-2005: master diploma, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Chemistry, Physical-Chemistry and Applied Radiochemistry Department, Theme: "Study of radiooxidation and termooxidation of some plastic materials".
2005-2009: PHD student, University of Bucharest, Faculty of Chemistry, Physical-Chemisty Department, Theme: "Physical-Chemistry of polymeric-inorganic hybrid materials".
Position: Senior researcher I, dr. chem., INCDCP-ICECHIM, Polymer Department.
Romanian Chemistry Society.
- Synthesis of filmogen nanohybrids doped with metallic nanoparticles (Ag, Pd); synthesis of hybrid materials using cationic dyes and/or polyether polyols.
- Filmogen nanohibrids with physical-chemistry properties modified according as nature of reactive components.
- Nanostructural study on optical, physical-chemical properties of hybrids through FTIR and UV-VIS spectrometry, ESEM, thermogravimetrical analysis.
Languages: english - good; russian - intermediary.
- European Project FP6: Enhancement the quality participation at FP6 projects in the polymer nanomaterials field - ENPONA (participant)
- Grant PN-II-TD: Comparative study of same organic-inorganic hybrids synthesized by sol-gel process using different cross-linking agents (Project manager)
- PNII-Ideas: Polymer composites based on nanosilica networks grew through "soft" methods on nanolamellare entities (SILICORE) (participant)
- CEEX: Inorganic laminated-polymer nanocomposites as ranforsate hybrids at nanometric scale (participant)
- CEEX: Surface phenomenon and disperse systems organization with anisotrop fluids (participant)
- CEEX: Advanced multifunctional materials doped with silver nanopowders (participant)
- CEEX: Integrated scientific network for development of multifunctional polymer materials based on knowledge (participant)
- CEEX: New Nanostructured Materials with Controlled Properties and Biomedical Applications (participant)
- CEEX: Chromogen-polymeric composite systems for photoinduced surface structures and selective ion sensors (participant)
- TCP IAEA ROM 04/029: Strengthening the Infrastructure for the Decommissioning of the Research Reactor at Magurele - Bucharest (participant)
- BOA 3JOO201: ANL-DOE-SUA - Work Order #4: Safety for Interim Wet Pool Fuel Storage At the VVR-S Research Reactor Facility (participant)
- V. Purcar, D. Donescu, M. Ghiurea, C.L. Nistor, C. Petcu, Silver nanodispersions in organic-inorganic filmogene hybrids, Revue Roumaine de Chimie, 2007, 52 (8-9), 917-925.
- V. Purcar, D. Donescu, C. Petcu, M. Vasilescu, Nanostructured hybrid systems with Rhodamine 6G, Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 2008, 29 (9), 1233-1239.
- V. Purcar, D. Donescu, C. Petcu, R. Luque, D.J. Macquarrie, Palladium metal nanoparticles on organically modified thin hybrid films, Catalysis Communications, 2009, 10 (4), 395-400.